Undisthreadness

Thursday, September 14, 2006

4-Pointed Star Square

I couldn’t sleep; so, two posts in so little time...



This square I designed in 2000 for a swap with the remnants of the deceased Compuserve crochet forum. Different color choices can change dramatically this square.

I used sport weight yarn and a 4 mm hook. My square measures 6”.

Color A: Ch 5, close with ss to make a ring.

1st round: ch 1, 12 sc in the ring.
2nd round: ch 1, 3 sc, ch 2, 3 sc, ch 2, 3 sc, ch 2, 2 sc, ch 1, sc at the top of the first sc.
3rd round: ch 1, sc in the ch loop, *3 sc, [sc, ch 2, sc] in the corner loop*; repeat from * to * three times more, ending with sc, ch 2, ss in the first sc.

Color B:

4th round: Sc in one of the corner loops, *ch 8; working in the 3rd ch from the hook, make1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 tr, 1 double-treble (dtr - similar to a treble but beginning with 3 yo), 1 treble-treble (ttr; similar to the dtr, but beginning with 4 yo); sc in the ch-loop at the next corner*; repeat from * to * three times more, ending with ss in the first sc.

Color A:

5th round: Join the yarn to the little loop at the tip of one “arm”, in the same loop make 2 sc; then make 1 sc, 1 hdc, 2 dc, 2 tr, 1 dtr in the corner loop of the center square (make it over the sc of the previous row.) Work now in the base of the next “arm” stitches: 2 tr, 2 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc in the tip loop. Make the same in the remaining three sides and end with 1 sc in the first tip loop, ss in the first sc.

6th round: ch 3, 1 dc in the same st, 1 dc in each st, making [2 dc, ch, 2 dc] in the corner sc. End the round with 2 dc, ch 1, ss in the top of the beginning chain.

Color B:

7th round: Sc; make 1sc, ch 2, 1 sc in the corner loops.

Color A:

8th round: Sc; make 1sc, ch 2, 1 sc in the corner loops.

15 Comments:

  • ilove it..

    By Blogger Lulu, at 9:51 AM  

  • I just love reading your blog!! Thanks so much for all of the information that you so freely give on it. How nice to know that you are there.
    The heart is so cute. I will make them for my daughter's and grand daughter to be placed on presents. I am thinking that I will line them with material and make sachets for their drawers as well.
    Thank you, thank you!

    By Blogger Sheila E, at 2:47 PM  

  • Sheila, I went to your blog and liked it too.

    I also tricot, but the things I design are too big to fit in the scanner... LOL I need to get a camera!

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 6:59 PM  

  • Hello Beatriz,
    My name is sarita and I live in Israel (but was born in Argentina).
    I love what you do!
    Please: I need help from a fellow crocheter in Brasil and I'll be glad if you can e-mail to me: gooloit@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
    sarita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 PM  

  • TO SARITA:

    Sarita, I tried to e-mail you but yahoo told me this address doesn't exist. So feel free to e-mail me directly: mabelistas @ gmail.com (take off the spaces around the @).

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 6:14 AM  

  • hello. I was pleased to your visit my blog. I was seeing our countrys blog your motifs. Again thank you for visit. we see again. bye .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 AM  

  • Hi Beatriz, my name is Maria and I live in Australia. i absolutely love youe squares but I have a couple of questions about this one. Could you please email me at kouk@iprimus.com.au
    Thank you.

    By Blogger Maria, at 11:41 PM  

  • Answer to Maria: You've found two mistakes of mine in the pattern and now I've corrected them. Thank you!!!!

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 2:31 AM  

  • you have been tagged..I look at you blog and thought I would blog tag you..
    http://findmecrocheting.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:55 AM  

  • ch 1, 3 sc, ch 2, 3 sc, ch 2, 3 sc, ch 2, 2 sc, ch 1, sc at the top of the first sc.
    On this square, what does this mean on round two? I don't know if I should do all of this in one stitch. I can't seem to follow what to do next or in the same stitch or what. :) Please help.

    By Blogger kelley likes, at 6:39 PM  

  • If I were to link back to this blog post and give you credit for the pattern, would it be okay for me to make afghans from this pattern (and some of your others) to sell?
    Thank you for your consideration (and beautiful patterns!).

    By Blogger Gina, at 10:19 AM  

  • Yes, you can sell afghans made with this pattern (or with any other pattern in my blog). Just give me the pattern credit.

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 10:27 AM  

  • Oo

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:49 PM  

  • On round three, where do you put the first single crochet. I did the chain one then didn't know how to sc in chain loop!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:30 PM  

  • You'll put the first single crochet in the last ch1 of the previous row. Yes, it's not in the next stitch. It's in the previous chain stitch, that little loop at the corner where you are.

    By Blogger BeMedina, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home